- Course Reference
- Course Duration
Twido PLC Maintenance Training manual
- Download Syllabus
The course has been designed to familiarise Maintenance Engineers and Electricians with no or little experience of Twido PLC systems. The course demonstrates the many different aspects associated with the operation, programming and maintenance of Twido PLC controllers
Where possible, application specific exercises, actual drawings and programs listings are used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
The student will be able to perform the following:
- Locate hardware and replacing faulty modules.
- Reload programs.
- I/O Fault finding.
- Using TwidoSoft programming software to connect online to search and monitor programs
to determine plant problems.
- Fault finding on the communication links.
- Implement small changes to the program.
- Interpret and understand basic ladder logic.
- Fault finding on Ethernet Advantys I/O comms links..
- Introduction to the Twido controllers.
- Twido architecture and LED indication.
- I/O Modules and wiring.
- Hardware configuration.
- Addresses used in Twido controllers.
- Ladder program structure.
- First steps with the programmer.
- Creating a folder.
- Online monitoring and searching.
- Using and creating symbols and program documentation.
- Cross reference an application.
- Editing and modifying programs.
- Twido Instruction set:
- Relay, maths, move, compare and logic functions.
- Examples of plant related instructions.
- Analogue modules and analogue values.
- Introduction to Advantys and OTB I/O communications.
- Assemble and install an Ethernet OTB I/O “island”.
- Verify successful communications to I/O “islands”.
- Data monitoring using the animation tables.
- Concept of system bits and words for fault finding.
- PLC system diagnosis using the controllers LED indicators.
- PLC system fault finding procedures.
- Application exercises.