- Course Reference
- Course Duration
Toshiba M20/M40/EX100 Programming and Maintenance Training Manual.
M20 /M40/EX100 Maintenance Course
The course has been designed to familiarise Electricians, Technicians and Maintenance Engineers with the many different aspects associated with the operation and maintenance of Toshiba M20 /M40/EX100 Maintenance controllers.
Where possible, application specific exercises, actual drawings and programs listings are used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
To introduce students to the concepts and operation of M20 /M40/EX100 Maintenance Series programmable controllers, including the following areas:
- Locate and replace faulty modules.
- Reload programs.
- I/O Fault finding.
- Introduction to communications.
- Implement changes to the program.
- Using the TPDS programmer to connect online and monitor programs to determine plant problems.
- The hardware architecture of the Toshiba M20 /M40/EX100 Maintenance range of controllers.
- Processor LED’s and indication.
- I/O Modules and wiring including sinking and sourcing.
- Addresses used in controllers.
- Data Formats.
- Program structure, introduction to blocks.
- First steps with the program.
- Downloading projects to the PLC.
- Debug online monitoring and searching.
- Editing and modifying programs.
- Instruction set. Relay, maths, move, compare and logic function.
- Using and creating program documentation.
- Using the symbols list.
- Advanced functions. Load, transfer, maths and compares.
- Analogue modules and analogue scaling.
- Introduction to special system devices.
- Diagnosis and resetting faults.
- Diagnostic information and fault finding.
- Data monitoring and setting variables.
- Forcing facilities.