- Course Reference
- Course Duration
Siemens S7 Programming and Maintenance Level 2 Training Manual
- Download Syllabus
Siemens Advanced Programming 2
The course has been designed to further the students knowledge of Siemens S7 300 and 400 programming and fault finding. Before attending this course the student should have already attended a Programming and Maintenance Siemens S7 level 1 course or have a good foundation knowlegde of Siemens S7 systems.
The student will be able to structure and create advanced programs, communicate to drives and use OB’s for fault finding.
To introduce students to the concepts and operation of S7 programmable controllers, including the following areas:
- Structuring programs and Data.
- Using and creating FC’s, FB’s, DB’s, System blocks .
- Programming a Touch Panel.
- Using OB for fault finding and time intervals.
- Profibus communications to Variable speed drives and PLC to PLC
- Review of Hardware configuration
- Review of Block types, analogues and DB’ s and monitoring techniques.
- Program design, structuring and testing methods
- Review of Data types
- Advanced data block structures including UDT’s
- Review and further investigation of STL
- Jump and accumulator function, including status bit.
- Advance techniques using of FC and FB blocks for Multi instances, and there operation with data block.
- Communications interface with the S7 on Profibus to VSD, explaining command signals, setpoint control and status.
- Profibus PLC to PLC communications.
- Using Profibus DP Couplers.
- Organisation blocks for error and profibus diagnostics.
- Diagnostic data, using the diagnostic buffer and using SFC52 to write use messages.
- HMI TP programming illustrating:
- Setup communication
- Screen creation
- Screen navigation
- Creating Tags
- Event and Alarm points and messages
- Introduction to Ethernet.