Allen Bradley / Rockwell SLC-500 Maintenance Course
- Course Reference
- Course Duration
Allen Bradley SLC-500 Maintenance Training Manual.
- Download Syllabus
The course has been designed to familiarise Maintenance Engineers and Electricians with the many different aspects associated with the operation and maintenance of Allen Bradley SLC-500 controllers. Where possible, application specific exercises, actual drawings and programs listings are used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
The students will be able to perform the following:
- Locate and replace faulty modules.
- Reload programs.
- I/O Fault finding.
- Interpret and understand basic ladder logic.
- Implement changes to the program.
- Using RSLogix to connect online and monitor programs to determine plant problems.
- Introduction to the SLC-500 range.
- I/O module and interfaces.
- Addressing and file types.
- Program Structure, ladder files and the JSR function.
- Creating a project with RSLogix.
- Hardware configuration.
- Select the drivers for communications via RSLinx.
- Downloading the project.
- Online monitoring and searching with RSLogix.
- The Basic instruction set. Relays, timers & counters.
- Maths functions.
- Customised data monitoring.
- Analogue modules and analogue scaling.
- Data monitoring using the data table.
- Forcing techniques.
- Further in instruction. Compare, moves and limits.
- Program documentation and database.
- Searching the comment database.
- Introduction to communications with DH485, DH+ and Ethernet.
- Introduction to the MSG function for communications.
- fault finding principles and procedures.
- Application exercises on your plant programs.