- Course Reference
- Course Duration
Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC Advanced Training manual
- Download Syllabus
The course has been designed to further students knowledge of the Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC controllers after they have attended a Maintenance course.
The student will be able to structure and create advanced programs, configure the communications hardware and write a routine that will communicate to drives.
To introduce students to the concepts and operation of Logix programmable controllers, including the following areas:
- Structuring programs.
- Creating User defined data .
- Function Block Diagram
- Program using SFC.
- data types.
- Using routines for time intervals.
- Controlnet and Devicenet communications.
- Review of Hardware configuration.
- Review of Program Structure and tags, and monitoring techniques.
- Program design, structuring and testing methods.
- Using Function block diagram to program.
- Jump and accumulator function, including status bit.
- Review of Data types.
- Word Logic and Maths functions.
- Drive communications interface with the PLC on devicenet.
- Routines blocks for errors.
- Controlnet communications.
- Using SFC to program.
- Student advanced programming exercise.