- Course Reference
- Course Duration
Access to E learning portal for the GEM80 course
This 10 day course classroom based course has been designed to familiarise Maintenance Engineers. Many different aspects associated with the operation and maintenance of GEM 80 programmable controllers will be covered within this EAL PLC course.
An understanding of what factors to consider when a fault occurs or modifications need to be made to a GEM 80 system is the purpose of this course.
Finally where possible, application specific exercises, actual drawings and programs listings are used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
- To gain an insight into PLC controlled systems.
- The hardware architecture of a GEM 80 controller.>
- The interfacing of I/O devices to the GEM 80.
- I/O Highways and expander units.
- Watchdog and safety circuits.
- To introduce the concepts and operation of GEM 80 controllers.
- GEM 80 programming devices.
- Online monitoring and searching.
- Analogue modules and analogue scaling.>
- Data monitoring using the data table.
- Forcing techniques.
- Documentation and application of special functions.
- Lincon, Limit and Locate and Move.
- GEM 80 ESP serial link configuration and operation.
- GEM 80 fault finding principles and procedures.
- Documentation, storage and retrieval of ladder programs.
- Application exercises on your plant exercises.