- Course Reference
Proficy iFIX Level 1
- Course Duration
Proficy iFIX Level 1 Training Manual
- Download Syllabus
This 4 day course has been designed to giving engineers a detailed insight into screen development and hardware structure of an IFIX HMI project.
The course will allow students to develop an understanding of what factors to consider when designing, developing and using IFIX in the field. They will gain knowledge of the system, including specific IFIX terminology.
Where possible, application specific mimics, and plant related exercises an Window development will be used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
The course will consist of mainly practical exercises and demonstrations, each student will have one system that will consist of a PC with iFIX, and an Ethernet link to a PLC.
To introduce students to the concepts and configuration of procedures for the following equipment:
- Introduction to the IFIX archieture.
- Introduction to the System Project Tree.
- Using IFIX to draw mimics.
- Introduction the IFIX database tag.
- Insight into the different tag types.
- Introduction to the PLC drivers, and communications with the database.
- Illustration of the tags properties.
- Animation of objects.
- First steps with VBA.
- Using global variables.
- Demonstration of alarm setup and configuration.
- Creating Alarms and displaying alarms.
- Demonstration of real time and Historical trending.
- Introduction to VBA.
- Insight into simple security and login.
- Adding new pages to your system.
- Configuring Servers and Clients.
- Demonstration of how the database is used between Server and Clients.