- Course Reference
- Course Duration
Programming and Maintenance
Training Manual with
- Download Syllabus
Modicon 984/Quantum Maintenance Course
The course has been designed to familiarise Maintenance Engineers and Technicians with the many different aspects associated with the operation and maintenance of Modicon programmable controllers, using Proworx 32 programming packages.
Where possible, application specific exercises, actual drawings and programs listings are used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
To introduce students to the concepts and operation of Modicon programmable controllers, including the following areas:
- Locate and replace faulty modules.
- Reload programs.
- I/O Fault finding.
- Modbus plus faults.
- Implement changes to the program.
- Using Proworx 32 to connect online and monitor programs to determine plant problems.
- The hardware architecture of Modicon controllers.
- I/O Modules and wiring.
- Traffic cop configuration.
- Addresses used in the Modicon range of controllers.
- Program structure, viewing and creating segments.
- First steps with the program.
- Quick keys used on the programmer.
- Creating a Project.
- Loading and save projects to the PLC.
- Online monitoring, searching, tracing and retracing.
- Using and creating program documentation.
- Editing and modifying programs.
- Instruction set.
Relay, maths, move, compare and logic functions.
- Copying and backing up folders.
- Advanced functions.
Extended Maths, move, block moves and compares.
- Analogue modules and analogue scaling.
- Modbus Plus communications.
- Concept of System bits.
- Data monitoring using the reference tables.
- Forcing facilities.
- Diagnosis and resetting faults.
- Application exercises on your plant programs.