IFIX Level 1 Training Course
Digital Automation Training have provided this course too many students and companies and it has proven to reduce costs. Due to students being able to develop applications in house after the completion of the course.
As a consequence of our understand of IFIX and training methods we even provided training to the GE Field Service staff, the suppliers of IFIX systems.
What will you learn?
This course will consist of mainly practical exercises and demonstrations. You the student will have a individual system that will consist of a PC with an iFIX server with an Ethernet link to a PLC. On completion of this course IFIX Level 1 training course you will be able to create a complete IFIX system.
You will develop an understanding of what factors to consider when designing, developing and using IFIX in the field. As a result you will be able to create a Database, Plant pictures with animations, Alarms, configure communications to a PLC and develope picture picture navigation. As well as more advanced feature such as creating Schedules and Tag groups.
Different course formats
You will require no previous knowledge of IFIX before this course.
Also please be aware that this course is conducted in 3 formats.
- E learning
- Virtual Classroom – 4 day Duration
- Tradition Classroom – 4 day Duration
Furthermore if you attend the Virtual Classroom or Tradition Classroom course you will be automatically enrolled onto the E learning course.
This course can be conducted using IFIX 5.8, IFIX 5.9, IFIX 6.0 or IFIX 6.1
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01782 710311 for costs and availability.
Course Aims and Objectives
The aims of this IFIX Level 1 training course are:
- Firstly you will be introduced to the IFIX architecture.
- Then will will discuss the System Project Tree.
- We will then begin to to use IFIX to draw mimics.
- As a result of drawing mimics we will require a understanding of the IFIX database tag.
- Consequently you will be introduced to the different tag types.
- You will be then introduced to to the PLC drivers, and communications with the database.
- Then you will be shown how to animation of objects.
- As a result of animation you will begin the first steps with VBA.
- Using global variables.
- Demonstration of alarm setup and configuration.
- Creating Alarms and displaying alarms
- Demonstration of real time and Historical trending.
- Introduction to VBA.
- Insight into simple security and login.
- Adding new pages to your system.
- Configuring Servers and Clients.
- Finally you will be shown how the how the database is used between Server and Clients.
We have conducted IFIX courses for many years for our customers, who have ranged from beginners to experts. Demonstrating to them how IFIX communicate to many different types of PLC's. As well as a Proficy iFIX Level 1 training course we also provide a further two training courses. These are Proficy iFIX Level 2 training course and VBA for Proficy iFIX training course.