- Course Reference
- Course Duration
WNTC Training Manual.
- Download Syllabus
The course has been designed to familiarise Maintenance Engineers with the many different aspects associated with the operation and maintenance of Alstom WNTC drives.
Where possible, application specific exercises, actual drawings and programs listings are used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
To introduce students to the concepts and operation of the WNTC DC Drive, including the following areas:
- Concepts of DC motor control, and the methods by which a DC servo controls the machine.
- To be able to confidently use the programming tools associated with the drive. The student will be able to modify and save the programs, including how to document any changes fully and correctly.
- The commissioning and fault diagnostic procedures. The students will be able to confidently use the diagnostic facilities.
- To be able to solve programming/application problems to a reasonable level, using the documentation provided on the course.
- DC motor theory.
- Drive connections and inputs and outputs.
- Drive commissioning, feedback loops, references and logic.
- Investigation of the ramp, speed and current software modules.
- The Parmeters and how the menus are connected.
- Editing and monitoring with the keypad.
- Using the Mentorsoft programmer to edit and monitor.
- Logic modules and their application.
- Tuning of the current and speed loop.
- Programming exercises.
- Fault diagnostics.
- Application examples.