- Course Reference
- Course Duration
G120 Training Manual.
- Download Syllabus
Siemens G120 AC Drives Course
The course has been designed to familiarise Maintenance Engineers with the many different aspects associated with the operation and maintenance of G120 AC drives.
Where possible, application specific exercises, actual drawings and programs listings are used to allow the students to gain the greatest possible benefit from the course.
To introduce students to the concepts and operation of the G120 drive, including the following areas:
- To understand the basic techniques of controlling an AC motor.
- AC motor and drive theory.
- Vector control.
- How a G120 drive is constructed, and how the various protection features work.
- Operation of the G120.
- G120 range and specification.
- Control connections.
- Parameter overview.
- Speed and Torque control.
- Using the keypad. The students will also be able to monitor and diagnose faults.
- The drive parameters and configuration.
- Advanced configuration, skip bands fly catching etc.
- Digital and analogue I/O wiring and configuration.
- Position Control.
- Using the Starter Software.
- Diagnostics, displaying the last trips.
- Resetting the drive.
- Auto reset facilities.
- Controlling the G120 drive over ProfinetUser defined logic.